Serves: approx ½ cup
Serve this Schezwan Sauce with Chinese Stir Fried Vegetables
1 tsp Garlic Paste
2 tsp finely chopped Garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped Spring Onion
1 tbsp Green part of Spring Onion
1 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
1 tbsp Crushed Red Chili
1 ½ tbsp Red Chili Powder
1/3 cup Tomato Puree
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1½ tbsp Vinegar
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Corn Flour
¼ tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
Try another recipe of Schezwan Sauce
1) In a wok or nonstick saucepan, heat oil. Add Garlic paste and chopped garlic. Wait until color changes to light brown, then add spring Onion, Cilantro and crushed red Chili. Stir well and sauté for 1 or 2 minutes.
2) Then add Red chili powder, Tomato Puree, Soy Sauce, Vinegar and mix nicely. Add Sugar, Black Pepper and salt to taste. Combine nicely.
3) In a small bowl add 1 tsp Corn flour and 2 tbsp water, mix well and pour this mixture to the sauce. Mix properly and let it cook on medium low heat for about 1-2 minutes.
4) Once Sauce become thick, remove pan from heat. Garnish with Green part of Spring Onion.
1) This sauce is very hot in taste. So use it very carefully or you can reduce the amount of Red chili Powder.
2) Refrigerate the remaining sauce in an airtight container. It remains good for 6-7 days.
Schezwan Sauce, szechwan, Sichuan sauce, Chinese Food
We will be undergoing blog renovations over the next few months. We promise this process will be as painless as possible, and will return with a new, improved, good looking and faster blog.
For any comments and suggestions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on twitter to find out the changes I am making.Thank you for your patience,