Pressure cooker Cake in Marathi
Time - Preparation: 25 minutes | Baking: 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 8 to 10 medium pieces
3/4 cup All purpose flour
250 to 300 gram Condensed milk (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup Butter (unsalted)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup carbonated water (soda water)
1) Take a big pressure cooker. Remove the ring and weight from the lid. Close the pressure cooker with lid. Heat it over high flame for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not add water.
2) Grease a baking pan with some butter. Sieve all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a medium bowl
3) Take another deep and medium mixing bowl. Add softened butter and condensed milk. Beat using hand mixer or egg beater. Mix until well blended and smooth. Add vanilla essence and blend for a minute.
4) Now, add half of the all purpose flour to butter and condensed milk batter. Mix with the hand mixer. Then add half of the soda water and blend. Then again add flour, followed by soda water. Mix well until smooth consistency.
5) Pour the batter into greased cake tin. To remove excessive air bubbles, hit the pan very gently on the counter-top. Remove the cooker's lid. Turn the heat to medium. Put the cake tin inside with help of Pakkad (Indian Tong). Put the lid on and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Do not open the cooker for first 25 minutes.
6) After 25 minutes open the lid. You will notice cake has risen nicely, but its not cooked inside. You may check by poking with toothpick in the middle of the cake. If you find wet batter on the toothpick, that means cake needs 10 to 12 minutes more to bake. Put the lid on.
7) After 10 to 12 minutes again check with toothpick. If it comes out clean, that means cake is ready.
Turn off the heat and use Pakkad to remove cake tin out of pressure cooker.
Remove the cake out from the cake tin and put it on a wired rack to cool down. After 15-20 minutes, cut the cake and its ready to enjoy.
1) To get the perfect sweetness, taste the batter before pouring into cake tin. If you feel that batter needs to be little more sweet, add some condensed milk.
2) Do not forget to remove Pressure cooker ring and weight. Also DO NOT add water in the cooker.
3) Use thick Aluminum Metal cake tin. Thin metal might crack due to high heat.
4) To make the cake in two colors. Divide the batter into two portions. Keep one portion as it is. Add 2 to 3 tbsp dark coco powder and some condensed milk. Mix well. First add white portion of batter and then pour chocolaty portion over the white one. Now bake as per above method.
5) First of all, check whether cake tin fits inside the pressure cooker.
6) Do not fill the cake tin completely. Batter level should be upto a little over half. Otherwise, cake will overflow out of the tin.
Pressure cooker Cake in Marathi
We will be undergoing blog renovations over the next few months. We promise this process will be as painless as possible, and will return with a new, improved, good looking and faster blog.
For any comments and suggestions, please write to email@example.com. Follow me on twitter to find out the changes I am making.Thank you for your patience,