Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 medium parathas
5 stalks of Spring Onion (around 3/4 to 1 cups after chopping)
1.25 cups wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp carom seeds
1 green chili, finely chopped
2 pinches garam masala
1 cup grated cheese
Salt to taste
Ghee for roasting parathas
1) Chop spring onions finely (both onion bulb and green part). Add salt and mix. Wait for 5 minutes. Add oil, green chili, garam masala and wheat flour. Mix. Add water and make a soft dough.
2) Heat tawa. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Dust with dry flour and roll. Make a 3 inch circle. Put around 2 tbsp grated cheese in the center. Bring all the edges of the dough together and seal. Again dust with flour. Roll gently and make paratha. Roast over medium heat. Use some ghee while roasting.
Serve hot. Serve with raita or pickle.
1) This paratha tastes good even without cheese.
2) You may add multiple flours instead of wheat flour.
3) Make Parathas after making the dough. Spring onion tends to leave moisture when it comes in contact with salt. If you rest the dough longer, it will become very soft and hard to handle.