Kande Pohe in Marathi Kande Pohe is a popular, delicious and healthy Maharashtrian breakfast or an...
Kande Pohe is a popular, delicious and healthy Maharashtrian breakfast or anytime snack. Pohe recipe has many variations using green peas, potato, eggplant etc.
Servings: 4 of ½ cup each
2 cup Thick Flattened Rice
1 medium Onion
1 Teaspoon Mustard seeds, 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds, 1/2 Teaspoon Asafoetida, 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
5-6 Curry Leaves
3 Green Chilies (Indian)
3-4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
For Garnishing Chopped Cilantro, Fresh Coconut
1) Put Flattened rice into Colander. Wash and rinse gently under running water. Drain all the water and keep aside for 5 minutes.
2) Rub some salt, 1 tablespoon sugar to washed flattened rice.
3) In a nonstick frying pan heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. Temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder. Then put curry leaves and pieces of green chilies. Fry for few seconds. Now put the gas on medium heat.
4) Add chopped onion in the pan. Fry till onion becomes translucent and golden color.
5) Then add washed flattened rice and stir well. All the fried onion should get spread evenly. Cover the pan and let it cook for few minutes (around 5 minutes). Give a nice stir.
6) Garnish with chopped cilantro, Fresh Shredded coconut and lime.
Spicy Mango pickle
Poha recipe, Marathi Poha recipe, Maharashtrian Poha Recipe