Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1/2 cup Bottle gourd Peels, chopped
2 tsp oil
1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp roasted peanuts, peeled
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chilies, chopped
3/4 cup freshly scraped coconut
1 or 2 kokum pieces (or 1 tsp tamarind)
salt to taste
1) Take a small kadai. Heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds and bottle-gourd peels. Saute for a minute.
2) Cover and cook till the peels soften. Stir occasionally, and sprinkle little water to keep the peels moist.
3) When peels are cooked well, keep the flame between medium and high. Add roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and green chilies. Saute until the mixture becomes dry.
4) Put the mixture in the mixer. Add coconut, kokum, and salt and grind. Add little water and make chutney.
1) When we make bottle gourd sabzi or Halwa, usually we through the peels in the garbage. Instead of that, use them and make delicious chutney.