Veg Crispy in Marathi
Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
1 medium green Bell Pepper, thick stripes
1 medium carrot, Diagonal thin slices
100 gram Paneer, thick stripes
4 to 5 baby corns, cut diagonally
1 small onions, cut into big chunks and each petal should be separated
2 strings of spring onion
4 tbsp Maida
6 tbsp Corn flour
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp salt
2 to 3 pinches Red food color (or as required)
2 pinches black pepper powder
Oil to deep fry vegetables
1 tbsp oil to make sauce
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato ketchup + 1/2 tsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp red chili sauce + 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vinegar (or to taste)
1 tsp corn flour
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1) Mix all the ingredients under the label 'batter'. Add some water and make a thick paste. Add cut bell pepper, carrot, onion, and baby corn int the batter. Coat all the vegetables well with the batter.
2) Deep fry the vegetables until crispy. Keep the fried vegetables on a tissue paper to remove excess oil. Add paneer pieces to the remaining batter and deep fry them too.
3) Heat 1 tbsp oil into a kadai. Add ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped onion, green chilies and little salt. Saute till the onion is well done.
4) Add tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, and 1/4 cup water. Stir well. Add little salt if required.
5) In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp water and 1 tsp corn flour. Add it to the kadai. Let the mixture thicken. Cook for 1 minute. Add vinegar to the sauce.
6) Add fried vegetables and paneer and toss for 15-20 seconds. Sprinkle little black pepper powder.
Garnish with chopped green onion. Serve hot.