Kothimbir Wadi Crispy cilantro cake - delicious and one of the most popular Maharashtra's tradi...
Crispy cilantro cake - delicious and one of the most popular Maharashtra's traditional snack.
2 cups finely chopped cilantro
1 cup Gram Flour (Besan/ Chickpea flour)
2 tablespoon Rice Flour
7-8 Garlic Cloves
1 inch piece of Ginger
6-7 green chilies (Indian)
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1) Coarsely grind green chilies.
2) Make a fine paste of Ginger and Garlic.
3) Take gram flour into a mixing bowl. Add rice flour, turmeric, and salt to taste and mix it well. Add water and make smooth batter. Remove all the lumps. Batter should not be too thick or thin.
4) In a non stick Frying Pan heat 1 teaspoon oil then add chopped Cilantro. Fry for 30 to 45 seconds on medium heat. Put fried cilantro into the batter.
5) In the same frying pan heat 2-3 tablespoon oil. Add cumin seeds, when cumin seeds begin to splutter add ginger garlic paste and coarsely ground chilies. Fry for few seconds. Put the heat on Medium low. Then add batter and immediately start stirring, otherwise heat will create lumps into the batter. Stir for few minutes. Cover the pan and let the batter cook. Give a nice stir after 1-2 minutes.
6) Batter will become thick. To test the required thickness, insert a spoon vertically into the batter. If it stands vertically the batter is ready to proceed. Then turn off the Heat.
7) Grease a plate with vegetable oil. Pour all the batter into that plate. Spread the batter evenly over the plate and make 1/2 inch layer. Let the batter cool. After that make 2 x 2 inch squares with knife. Separate it gently.
8) Take shallow frying pan grease it with 2 teaspoon oil. Arrange Cilantro squares into pan. Keep 1 inch distance to turn the sides. Turn on the Gas on Medium, Put the pan on Heat. Pour some oil (3-4 teaspoon) with spoon around the Cilantro Squares. Fry one side until it becomes golden brown. Turn the side and let the other side cook.
Deep fried snack, Indian snack, salty snacks, fritters, Kothimbir wadi